About the Program
The program will be a mix of in-person and online workshops and events and will offer bespoke coaching, access to finance and markets, mentoring, working spaces, networking opportunities and other support services for business. In what would normally be considered opposing forces, the key object of the project is to encourage and support new ideas and approaches to help the manufacturing sector transition to a circular economy, through a collaborative approach. Many manufacturers are accustomed to the traditional “linear model”, where resources are extracted, used to create products, and then discarded at the end of their lifecycle. Implementing a circular economy approach will require consultation, listening and some bravery. It may involve significant changes in infrastructure, equipment, and production methods. This is where we will call on the area's innovative spirit to help start the transition to a more sustainable and circular production process.
Unlock access to
Participants of this program will unlock access to:
- Unearthing Events to help SMEs find out how their circular economy innovation and business fit into a bigger economy
- A major regional pitch and demonstration event
- Circular Innovation Festival for individual entrepreneurs and SMEs in the broader Hunter community
- Bootcamps and workshops delivered in Singleton, Maitland, Port Stephens, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and online.
- A major Sydney pitch and demonstration event to showcase regional innovators and SMEs to potential investors and advisors.
About the consortium
This program is proudly funded by the NSW Government. The Business Centre will lead a consortium that consists of Hunter IF, Boomerang Labs and Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation that will work together to encourage and support new ideas and approaches to help the manufacturing sector transition to the circular economy, through a collaborative community approach.
Mentor and leader, sportsman and Scotsman
Black belt in grants, tenders and incentives
SME advocate with multi industry experience