Back to Programs
Start House - Accelerator

Start House - Accelerator

Start House - Accelerator

driving
Regional innovation

Back to Programs

Take your startup or scaleup to the next level by getting the support you need.

You only pay $499

Program value $6,000

This program is supported by the Australian Government Incubator Support Initiative.

Hunter + Central Coast


How It Works

We work with regionally disperse partners to deliver the Start House program, bringing experts in residence, mentors, applied business training and a network for start-ups and scale-ups. This program provides an ecosystem of support and a pathway to global opportunities. Start House works with business hubs to distribute this program across NSW and beyond.

How It Works
Outcomes

The Accelerator Program is a 4-month program. We bring together experts in residence, mentors and applied business training in a program tailored to regional startups and scaleups, to overcome the challenges they meet.

  • Bootcamp

    Introduction to help transform your mindset and see the true potential of your business, as well as the tools and methodologies to help you get there.

  • Mentoring 1:1

    Guidance from experienced business advisors and experts in residence, tailored to the level of your business.

  • Pitch Practices

    Get confident in your pitching learning from seasoned mentors as well as your peers.

  • Pitch Evening

    Get the opportunity to take your business to the next level by pitching to the regions and Sydney’s top connectors, mentors and investors.

  • Why Start House

    The average intake into an accelerator program accounts for 5% of all start-ups, with Start House we seek to develop the other 95% who show innovative and globally scalable potential. As a not-for-profit, we don’t take equity and thus can operate as an honest broker and a non-vested partner in garnering the best outcomes for start-ups and entrepreneurs in the program. 

  • FAQs
Who Should Apply

Apply if:

  • Product

    You have an innovative product or service that has the potential of growing internationally.

  • At MVP 

    You have built, or you are in the process of building an MVP.

  • Time

    You’re currently working part-time or full time in your business, and you can commit to working at least 3 hours per week on your business for the duration of the program.

  • Australian Business Number (ABN)

    You have registered your company and your business name in Australia.

Mentors

This program is delivered by industry experts to help you apply your learning to your business. Our Mentors and Advisors are highly accomplished and experienced in operating a business.

Lena Vestad Hansen
Lena Vestad Hansen Business Advisor

Marketer with a global perspective

Gordon Whitehead
Gordon Whitehead Business Advisor

Tech head and tech mentor

Jelinda Millgate
Jelinda Millgate Business Advisor

Driven to support regional businesses

Barrett Campbell
Barrett Campbell Chief Financial Officer

Our grounded, thought provoking CFO

Subsidised

This program is supported by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science through Incubator Support Initiative funding as part of the Entrepreneurs’ Program.

Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation and Science

Case Study

You might be interested in

At the Business Centre we work with you to prepare a roadmap for your business.