How It Works
Before you start your business, our two-week Exploring Being My Own Boss course helps you find out what entrepreneurship entails. It is an interactive, customised training schedule from our trainers with daily guest speakers sharing additional business expertise.
To be eligible for Exploring Being My Own Boss you:
must not be in employment, education or training
must be at least 18 years of age
must be eligible to work in Australia.
Workshops will be delivered over approximately 25 hours/week over 2 weeks and include the following topic areas:
- Buckle Up: Learning to think like an entrepreneur
- Idea Validation: Mitigating the risk of failure
- Brand and Design: Making your business and you look good
- Going Digital: Getting your business online
- Sell, Sell, Sell: How to acquire customers forever
- Nuts and Bolts: The practical planning & requirements of starting a new business
- Dollars and Sense: Managing the numbers in your business
- Pitching: Communication and Pitching
- Connecting to the Ecosystem: Exploring the world of opportunities in your local entrepreneur ecosystem
- The New Work Order: The changing face of work and how it affects business
This workshop is delivered by industry experts to help you apply your learning to your business. Our Trainers and Advisors are highly accomplished and experienced in operating a business.
This workshop is located at the Business Centre's Innovation Space in Newcastle. If you have accessibility needs please contact us.
Meet the people who have gone through this program and read their story understand their journey.